Coffee, in the words of Sheik-Abd-al-Kadir “is the common man’s gold, and like gold, it brings to every person the feeling of luxury and nobility.” Indeed the benefits that this beverage confers to the human body are too many to be completely enumerated.
It helps us in staying awake, provides energy to the body, prevents diabetes, lowers the risks of liver disease and helps us in coping effectively with the excessively harsh winter temperatures, among others.
An appliance that is capable of preparing that cup of coffee as promptly and as effectively as possible is hence by all means strongly recommended. The DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker is one such appliance. It is the basis of the product review that ensues.
Features and Technical Specifications
The main features and technical specifications of the DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker are:
- Product Dimensions: Measures 8 inches wide by 14.36 inches long by 11.75 inches high
- Product Weight: weighs 4.2 pounds (1.9 kg)
- Patented safety cap
- Small footprint
- Swivel Jet Frother for Lattes and Cappuccinos
- Easy Cleaning and Maintenance
- Steam-pressurized cap
- Easy-to-clean and removable drip tray
- 8.5-ounce heat-resistant glass carafe
- 2-cup adapter
- On/off switch with indicator light
- Wattage: 800 Watts
- 1-year warranty
Users are to expect these benefits and much more from the DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker:
- Minimal Attention: This coffee maker is designed in such a manner as to absolve its users from the need to be individually physically present to monitor its operations throughout an entire coffee-making exercise. This is due to the fact that it may be preset and also has indicator lights that alert its users at the conclusion of the coffee-making session.
- Easy Operability: It is very easy to operate. It has an on and off switch for activating and deactivating the system. Moreover, it requires no formal technical installation and also comes along with a manufacturer’s manual that conveniently guides its users throughout a coffee-making session.
- Maximum Efficiency: The machine carries out the task of making coffee very efficiently indeed. It has the ability to make two cups simultaneously, generates minimal amount of noise, and expends very minimal amount of time.
- Versatility: The coffee maker has the ability to produce a variety of coffee tastes and flavors such as cappuccino, latte, and espresso. This trait means greater convenience to the users as well as a higher profitability.
- Affordability: It retails for around $99.72 give or take depending on the precise point of purchase. This price is relatively lower than those charged by its competitors. Its acquisition therefore returns high value for money and also lessens unnecessary financial burdens to the users.
- Operational Safety: The machine is equipped with an 8.5-ounce heat-resistant glass carafe, a patented safety cap, and a steam-pressurized cap, all of which see to it that the safety of its users are upheld at all times.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: It does have a removable drip tray which collects all spillages. The removable nature of the drip tray makes it very easy to clean up and maintain. These check against the proliferation of fungi, mold and hygiene-related sicknesses.
- Fast and Convenient: On average, it takes around only 3 minutes to make a cup of coffee. This is a very fast turnaround time which makes sure that the coffee is readily available if and when needed.
- Minimal Storage Space: The appliance requires very minimal storage space by virtue of having a very compact size. It measures only 8 inches wide by 14.36 inches long by 11.75 inches high.
- Portability: Its extremely low weight of only 4.2 pounds (1.9 kg) means it may be handled and transported with relative ease.
The DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker has the following major shortcomings:
- Limited Applicability: This appliance can only be used to make coffee; nothing more. It is hence less profitable a purchase.
- Low Satisfaction Levels: With a rating of only 3.5 stars out of the possible 5 stars after 430 customer reviews in the Amazon online auction site, this appliance is not very satisfactory in meeting user’s expectations.
- Less Capacity: It may only make two cups at a time. It is therefore unsuitable for large families or for those occasions that attract large number of attendants.
- High Power Consumption: Its power consumption of 800 Watts is too large for an appliance of its size. Prolonged and/or regular use will therefore lead to higher utility bills.
Below is a sample of some of the opinions and reviews of existing DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker clients:
“Making coffee is as easy as 1-2-3 with this machine!”
“It is very safe to handle and does not heat up unnecessarily…”
“This has been a great purchase indeed since my constant crave for coffee especially during the cold winter months is effectively dealt with”
“The appliance is very easy to set up, clean, use and maintain.”
“Its ability to make all flavors of coffee is very irresistible…”
Deals and Discounts
Despite its availability in all the major retail outlets and dealers, the Amazon online auction site is still by far the most favorite outlet of acquiring the DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker because of the fact that clients are entitled to certain discounts and offers which greatly lessen financial burdens that are often felt by users who pursue other channels. For instance, clients who are based within the USA will have this product shipped free-of-charge to their addresses should they acquire it via the site. More information regarding this are contained in this special product page: http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-EC5-Steam-Driven-Espresso-Coffee/dp/B00009RXMQ.
The DeLonghi EC5 Espresso and Coffee Maker is still a great and invaluable purchase despite the few minor shortcomings outlined above. It is indeed a very quick, convenient, and ingenious way of making that cup of coffee particularly during the winter months when it is badly needed.